Enhanced Horizons - 149 Camp Scenic Loop, Ingram, TX 78025
April 14, 2009
Transitional Living Program
The Enhanced Horizons transitional living program is designed to help teens and young adults move toward self sufficiency and successful adult living (this includes single mothers with children).
By providing housing, transportation and other services, each young adult is given an opportunity to develop and work on individualized independent living goals in a positive, safe and supportive living environment.
How long is the program? The length of time in the Enhanced Horizons program varies depending on the individual needs of the young adult. To obtain maximum benefit from the program, we anticipate that most residents will stay anywhere from 9 to 18 months.
What is expected of residents? All residents will be required to:
- Participate in the development of a personal service plan that outlines the goals and objectives that they hope to accomplish while in the program.
- Engage in a minimum of 35 hours per week of productive activities such as attending school, working a full-time or part-time job, community service, and/or independent living skills training.
- Will be expected to actively seek employment and to work at least part-time. Residents will pay a small portion of their paycheck for living expenses and will be expected to save funds during their stay at Enhanced Horizons.
- Follow program guidelines and expectations.
What does it take to succeed in the program? Participants must have a certain level of maturity and a strong willingness to work with program staff and other residents to accomplish their individual program goals and objectives.
What are the eligibility requirements? To be eligible for the program, you:
- Must be 18 to 21 years of age
- Must be in need of a dependable, safe place to live.
- Must be committed to actively participating in EH program services.
- Must be willing to follow program guidelines and expectations.
- NOTE: Couples and/or on-campus romantic relationships are not allowed.
What are the application requirements? Applicants must submit the following:
1. EH Application and Criminal History Check Consent Form
For information or forms call 830-367-4330
or mail: Enhanced Horizons, 149 Camp Scenic Loop, Ingram, TX 78025